I like lists and rules. When I started my new job last October, I drafted a set of work-life balance rules. I strive to follow these rules each week. I told my supervisor about them to help keep me accountable. I’m not always successful, but I’m always keeping them in mind.
- Work out at the gym at least three times each week, preferably with others.
- Eat lunch away from my desk at least twice a week, preferably with others.
- Maintain one meetings-free day each week.
- Limit screen time on Sundays.
- Refrain from sending work-related email after 6pm on workdays.
What do you do to maintain a the balance between your work life and your personal life?