Here are some of my favorite treats from my recent travels!
Santa Rosa, California
- Khoom Lanna had some of the best Thai I’ve had in my life. I loved the papaya salad and the eggplant lover dishes.
- Rubio’s is a chain, but I was impressed with the fresh flavors and the adorable hostess.
- Hot Couture was a well stocked vintage clothing and costume shop. I refrained from purchasing any clothing but got a cute pair of earrings.
- My boss and I went to No. 246 with our CDC project officer. Tasty and great atmosphere.
- We also dropped in HomeGrown to pick up a few happies for ourselves. My favorite purchase was an adorable little gnome for my desk at work.
- My friend Melvis and I went to Flip Burger with her friends. Next time, I’m trying the tuna tartare burger!
[photo from Erin Wicker]
St Louis, Missouri
Melvis and I went to St Louis to attend the wedding reception of a former co-worker.
- I popped in at The Cup for THE BEST CUPCAKES EVER. Seriously. I prefer to fruity versions (lemon drop and strawberries and cream) and the double decker is to die for.
- I also picked up a few new reads at Big Sleep Books, a great little mystery bookstore in the Central West End. The owner is a character.
- A visit to St Louis is incomplete without a stop at Ted Drewe’s for custard. I had my usual banana and oreo concrete.
- I had a delicious CSA breakfast with sixgurl and her husband, natterliz and her new fiance, and their brother.
- We met up with Trick on Sunday morning for lunch at Lily’s for Mexican. I heard the margaritas were fantastic.